Monday, January 5, 2009

What is Niche Affiliate Marketing?

What is a niche? A niche is a certain segment of the population that you intend to focus on.



In this example, the targeted niche I am 'focusing on' is...dog owners...specifically, owners that are so 'in love with their dogs' that they want to be sure they have the 'best of everything'.






I have selected organic products for dogs as my marketing niche...in this example, 'Dog Aromatherapy Products'...yes, this niche does exist...and there are products you can provide to those owners who are looking for ways to 'extend the lives of their beloved pets'.



(I'm not actually going to set up a marketing niche for this product...I'm just using it as an example...of 'niche marketing'.)






So---pick your targeted niche = dog owners.



Select your 'sub-niche' = organic products for dogs.



Find affiliate programs that are available in this niche/ sub-niche = Green Affiliate Programs.network/ pet supplies.



Select the products you want to promote = Pet Alive






All of these products have affiliate programs that you can join, in order to receive commissions on the promotion of their products.

I've checked on Google and there are 108 sites that you can find for 'Organic Products for Dogs', and three paid advertisements (meaning someone is paying to get their products found) -- according to what I've learned about affiliate niche marketing...it means there are customers looking for these products and very few sites offering them.
You might not 'get rich' with this targeted niche market but, it appears to have some possibilities with a little work and some promotion.




You'll need to do just a bit of research (about 30 minutes worth)...unless you're already an expert...to get your facts and put together a good promotional article.






Once you have all of your information, your products, etc all worked out...place it on your website, blog or Squidoo Lens.
There are more places you can get started..but, I'm not trying to overload you with
information...I want to give you someplace to start, so you can proceed, step by step with the niche/ sub-niche you have selected.
(One of the most dangerous roadblocks on this type of journey is...'information overload'....you find yourself so worried about gathering all of the information you can possibly get your hands on...and you never get around to doing anything with it.)

I'm going to work on my own niche/ sub-niche program...in the meantime...and I'll let you know my experiences along the way.

No comments: