Thursday, January 15, 2009

Internet Attention Deficit Disorder

There really is such a thing as, 'Internet Attention Deficit Disorder'!

I wrote a few 'information' posts, for while I'm away...on my 'Internet Free Working Vacation'...so I can be 'distraction free' to draft my definitive 'Plan of Action'.

Here are a few ways you can 'spot and eradicate' it!.

1. Detect Your Time Wasters. (Monitor your browsing habits and discover those things that are keeping you from doing what you need to do to have a successful online presence.)

2. Take a day...or more...to go 'Internet Free'. (Like I'm doing 'as we speak'.)

3. Separate 'online' hours from 'offline' hours. Give yourself a time frame for both.

4. Get 'Back to Work'. Give yourself a little 'browsing' leeway. But, limit it to a specific timeframe. Once you've 'strayed' from the work you intended to do...give yourself 5 - 30 - 90 minutes (the time allotted is strickly 'up to you') to 'go ahead and browse'...when the time is
up...'get back to work'.

5. Read the article about 'Internet Attention Deficit Disorder' that I researched for this post to learn more.

No comments: