Monday, January 12, 2009

Things I've Learned!



I'm glad I decided to do this blog...I'll admit I thought
it was a little 'ballsy' of me, since this blog is
about 'how to make money online', using methods
I haven't used before.
In my 'quest' to do this, I have run across
some of the best information to help me to know
what I should do...and what I should NOT do.

I wrote a 'warning' post yesterday, about a site I
found through an email I received. I might not have
researched the site...until it was too late...had it not
been for the information I've found while looking
for resources for my blog posts and for some 'minor' charges
that came back to "bite me", though, thankfully, not for an amount
that would make or break me.
To recap what I've
presented thus far...
oDesk...a work at home job source.
(To date...it has now been a couple of months since signing...
I have not only NOT worked one job,
I haven't even received an invite to interview for a job.
*I did receive one invite...it seemed a bit odd though...as I had
not yet taken the tests that were required for me to
be considered a candidate for any position.*
Since, taking the tests and applying for numerous positions,
I have yet to get an interview.)
oDesk is not high on my list of valid
'work-at-home-opportunities'.
I signed up with Associated Content
to write articles for them.
I have written 6 articles,
this is the only article for which I received
upfront payment---though not a lot...it was something!
I am accumlating 'pennies' on my other
articles, depending upon how many people 'find' my
articles.
and I've made almost as much for this piece as I did
for my 'paid' piece. Just a few more hits should do it.
I'm surprised at how much I've made, just letting
people find the articles without any promotion..
I'm about to begin promoting...
we'll see what kind of hits I get
as a result.
Another 'opportunity' I'm reluctant to pursue is..
'Project Payday'.
I'm just too 'sketched-out' by anything
that I have to give a credit card number to..
and then,
I have to remember to 'cancel my order/ subscription/ etc'
before I am charged for something I really don't want.
I know the people who belong to the site
do seem to like it, I just have a problem with the
way it works.
Now..about Clickbank.
I signed up in October...
I've only 'promoted' two of their products
to date..and..my earnings are 0.
True, I don't 'promote' like those
that are really 'into' Clickbank and write
all kinds of blogs, lenses...etc..
to promote each different product. I'm considering
finding a product that I'm really 'in' to...and see
if I can be more aggressive in promoting..I'll
let you know how that works out.
I've received a little payout from one of
the survey sites that I've tried.
But, I've done about 35 surveys to make $5.00...
I'd probably get more 'pay' if I would
complete those that 'credit card is required'
but, I WON'T do those..Just not going to
take any chances with my
fragile finances.
I'll be getting my payment from Zazzle
any day now. They show they've sent it but,
it takes about 7 to 10 days to appear in my
PayPal.
This was the first time...in the 4 years I've belonged..
that I've made a 'performance' bonus..which boosted
my payout by almost 25%.
My Etsy sales were pretty good at year's end..
with the New Year though...things
have plummeted...
I'm currently looking for
new ways to market these sites...
I need the sales.

No comments: