Sunday, January 11, 2009

Homeworkers. Beware this scam.

I got an email today...

Hello..(my name)..
Recently you have indicated a desire to work at home... Based upon this we have hand picked you for this work at home job.
Click Here To Start
We would like to congratulate you for making the right decision in working with us. You have a 48 hour window to claim your position before we fill it with the next in que
Click Here To Claim Your Position
Regards,
Charles Wellmore
Work at Home Group

*PLEASE NOTE---I REMOVED THE DIRECT LINKS FROM THIS EMAIL, SO YOU WOULDN'T ACCIDENTALLY CLICK THROUGH. Otherwise, the email is presented as I received it...I just copied and pasted.


I thought it might have been something I had 'researched' for this blog, so I clicked through. I immediately recognized it as a 'pre-sell page' and had the presence of mind to do further checking via Google.
I can tell you....Do NOT sign up with this company...it really is a SCAM! ... read how others were ripped off...

This is an 'article writing program' that boasts larger earnings for each article you write. However, there is a registration fee and then, once you give your credit card authorization, you find that they take an additional $47.00 that they didn't bother to tell you about.
There are many...many...many article writing sites that PAY YOU for your articles..and you don't have to pay anything to sign up...stick with those.
So, as with any program, it is wise to do a little 'detective' work before signing up for anything that requires you give over your credit card number or paypal payment.

Post Script--Just thought I'd let you know...I never did "make any decision to work with them" as stated in their email. In fact...I'd never heard of them before.

No comments: