Thursday, December 11, 2008

My 'Project PayDay' Mini Experiment



Originally, I was going to include Project Payday as one of the four programs in my main experiment.

I signed up, completed the 'offer', so I could get the Project Payday program for free. That ended up costing me $1.97 to pay for shipping for the 'offer', which I am still waiting to receive. Since, I had never completed any 'offers' before, I ended up signing up for two offers, instead of just the one, without even realizing it.

So then, I get two emails...one from each offer...stating that one of the 'offers' would be taking $39.95 every month out of my PayPal for their subscription. The other 'offer' would be taking $9.95 every month...oh my gosh...I signed up to have $50.00 a month to come out of my PayPal for programs I was only 1 to 10% interested in to begin with....I don't think so!

To be honest, I signed up for the PayDay program after reading a lot of great reviews, saying I would make anywhere from $50 to $250 within the first twenty four hours of signing up. And, I NEEDED the money!

Well....briefly speaking, to make the money I would have to sign up with traders who needed me to go out and complete 'offers'...just like the ones I'd completed to get into the program...when I completed so many, I would get paid from the traders ... provided I had done everything right. I needed to delete cookies, allow pop ups (and leave all pop ups open for at least five minutes), make sure I had all of my information correct (the slightest mistake would disqualify you and possibly get you banned.)

All I could see was my computer filling up with adware and spyware, slowing it up to the point that it wouldn't even run anymore.

Even then, I wasn't completely disuaded...but, I learned that in completely the offers, I had to use a credit card or a bank debit card...I could not use my PayPal card. To be honest, I find my PayPal card the safest form of payment I have.

If you don't take PayPal...then I don't do your program. That's my rule.

Oh yeah, I also called and cancelled those subscriptions...if they end up trying to get the money anyway, I will file a dispute with PayPal.

I wished I could find a "BBB" for internet businesses...maybe there is one, I'll have to research it!

3 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

For now I'm just using Adsense and Project Wonderful. Both are advertising programs.
For now I'm not making much, but as time goes and I hope to get more visits to my blog, the income will increase.

Kind regards,

José

Unknown said...

I use adsense and bidvertiser. You know I also join for some affiliate programs such paydotcom,and moreniche that are using paypal.

Ready 2 Go said...

Good luck with those. I too am using Adsense. Not making much there, but I'm hopeful.