Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Don't Fall for the "Such and Such is A Scam" Sites


I'm sure you've seen them..."'Such and Such Work At Home Program is a Scam'"..."don't sign up until you read this". They're out there, all over the place. Literally every single program I investigated had several sites out there with pretty much this same wording...substituting the 'Such and Such Work At Home Program' with the name of the actual program, of course.
Perhaps there really are some sites that are 'uncovering such programs as scams'...I've yet to find one that doesn't end up redirecting you to, either the program itself, or their own site 'so you can sign up for that program from there'.
I'm not saying that this is a sign that these programs aren't legitimate or valid...in fact, many of them look like something I would even be interested in...I'm just saying that the site is put up by someone wanting an affiliate sale for this program. There's nothing wrong with it...I guess. It's just that I've been 'misled' more than once, by clicking into these sites.
In some cases, I might go with a 'back door approach'. But, for some reason, I would have a problem signing up with the program through one of these sites. I'm not sure why, but it just bothers me. Maybe it's that 'you told me my shoes were untied, when they weren't'...then you said, "ha, ha...I got you to look."

No comments: