Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Step 4 -- Build a List

Step 4...Start building a list.

Here are a few methods you might try in order to start building your lists.

1. Scatter a number of subscription boxes throughout your website and/ or blogsite. Believe it or not, it's very easy to 'overlook' a subscription box if you only have one available, unless it is BIG and BOLD.

2.Offer a really good bonus or gift...for FREE! Just make sure your 'freebie' has something to do with your site(s). For example, don't offer an ebook on "How To Make Money Online" if your sites are about 'Growing Prize Winning Chickens'.

3. Pop up windows is another way a lot of marketers are building their lists. Personally...they annoy me and I have never signed up through a pop up. But, maybe I'm in a minority, so I thought I'd, at least, mention this one.

4. Send your articles to a landing page that has an opt-in, to collect emails of interested subscribers.

5. Purchase a list. Here again, quite a few marketers do purchase lists....I for one, want to be sure my customers WANT my emails...so I do NOT use this method. But...I wanted to offer it as a suggestion.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: