Friday, March 6, 2009

Work At Home -- Real or Not?



Is IT a SCAM or NOT??

If you are wondering, whether or not a
"Work At Home" opportunity
is legitimate or not....consider the following!

You Won't Get Rich Quick
Avoid those programs that guarantee wealth,
unbelievable financial success,
or offer to help you "get rich quick".
Stay clear of any listings that offer,
high income for part-time hours.
More often than not,
they will do none of the above.

Hang on to Your Money
Never send money!
Legitimate employers don't charge
to hire you
or to get you started.
And, don't send money for
work at home directories
or start-up kits.
(A few years back...when jobs in my area
were simply unavailable...I got taken in by a company
that ...for $40.00...
would send me a book of companies looking
for 'home workers'
complete with a description of what
each company was looking for.
I sent my $40.00...
got my book..
signed up with a 'cottage industry' company'
that paid for 'completed craft items'...
for (more money) they would
send the 'supplies' I would need to
do the crafts...
then..I complete the crafts...send them in...
and start 'raking in the profits'....IF the finished product
met their specs.)
It didn't take me long to discover that
my 'completed crafts' would NEVER meet their specifications...
(I felt pretty much like an idiot!)

'Work at Home' Jobs To Avoid

Assembly Jobs -
Learn from my example that,
you can't make lots of money assembling craft kits
or any other type of kits.
It's very possible to waste money on books and packages
to get you started though.

Data Entry Jobs -
You'll see listings for data entry jobs
all over the place.
Problem is, these are most often either
positions 'posting similar ads'
or a pitch trying to sell you a kit that will
"get you started".

Posting Ads -
You won't 'get paid' to post an
ad on bulletin boards or forums...
instead..
you have to 'sign people up'
in order to get
any compensation at all.

Stuffing Envelopes -
I signed up for this 'job'
back in the 60's!
Yep! It's been around, at least,
that long!
I remember I had to send some
postage stamps, then run the
same 'ad' that I answered, for people
to send me 'postage stamps'...
I never did figure out
what that was all about!
But...the 'stuffing envelopes' scam
is still
around...and to be avoided
at all costs!
If you have a question
about whether or not a
work at home position is legitimate or not...

No comments: